I’m sitting here a little stumped right now. I’ve never been in this position before in my adult life. This is the 1st time since I was 12-years-old that I haven’t had a job.
I’m a worker who comes from a long line of workers. We don’t tend to vacation the way other people vacation. My parents tend to fill our vacations with an activity or adventure each day. Please do not read that as a complaint…I’ve seen and done A LOT of wonderful things in my life. We are on the go and accomplishing something all the time. But we are also workaholics.
Hello. My name is Jill and I’m a workaholic.
So this stage I’m in right now is so foreign to me. My worth has for so long been wrapped up in what I can produce at work. Now…I’m not being lazy with this time. God said to LIVE right here, right now. So that is what I’m doing. Here are a few things I have enjoyed over the last month:
1. Pre-marital counseling with some wonderful people
2. Organizing my kiddos room (they share a room and it had become a forgotten land!)
3. I’ve finished Pinterest projects I had started during those long winter months
4. I joined a health coaching group where I’ve learned how to fuel my body with proper foods and have increased my workouts to 5 days per week (I’ve lost 8.5 pounds in the last 2 weeks!)
5. I rewarded myself for #4 by purchasing 2 pairs of workout pants with some wonderful gift cards
6. I’ve been able to spend a lot of time with family including the baby shower for my sister (she’s having the 1st girl!)
7. I work on keeping daily routines with the boys (exercises and some OT)
8. Kiss my husband whenever I want since he works from home 🙂
Yes, you could look at my list and see my workaholic coming through but I see it as a time I’ve been able to enjoy things I’ve never let myself enjoy before (OK…I did kiss my husband in the past but he get’s extra ones right now). The moral of my story is this…do what God tells you to do. He told me not to work right now because if I did I would miss what He had for me. He told me to live right here, right now and not worry about the future. The peace I have doesn’t come from ignoring reality, but it comes from knowing that God has it all planned out and my job is to obey Him.
What is God whispering to you? Will you embrace it and obey?